Who Am I??

My photo
"I'm a new soul,I came into this strange world, Hoping I could learn a bit 'bout how to give and take... But since I came here,felt the joy and the fear, Finding myself making every possible mistake..."

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

International Food Festival, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi

+
Smriti+Shalini+Jnu+Food+festival+delhiThese pics are from the International Food Festival held at JNU, Delhi a while ago...It was amazing to see different cultures blend together (in the stomach...oops...just couldn't resist writing this)...

       
International+Food+Festival+JNU+Delhi
At the Food Festival, JNU
The event witnessed so many people of different nationalities...from different cultural backgrounds come together and organize such an event... But more than anything else....it was the joy of being able to spend time with my sister that made this food festival the fun that it was....



Tibetan+Food+Stall+JNU+Food+Festival
Tibet Kitchen,JNU Food Festival


Tibet kitchen as they called it...it had some amazing momos..and they also had the "Save Tibet" t-shirts for sale...    
                                                                                                       




South+Korea+Food+Stall+JNU+Food+Festival
South Korean Food Stall,JNU

 The balloons were 
the main attraction of this stall...(don't exactly remember if I had anything from here,to be honest)       




                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             


Uzbekistan+Stall+at+International+food+Festival+JNU
Uzbekistan
Uzbeks+traditional+attire
The Uzbeks in their traditional attire
Even the Uzbekistan stall took this opportunity to showcase the specialities other than food...there was Uzbek pottery on display but the main attraction at this stall were the Uzbeks clad in their ethnic attire...                                                          


Thailand+Food++JNU+Food+Festival
Thailand National Flag at the Thai stall
Then there was Thailand...with the tom yum soup being the highlight...which was very rich in spices...especially ginger,chilly and pepper...not every stomach could handle it if you know what I mean ;-)




Armenia+Flags+Stall+JNu
Shawermas+Food+Festival+JNU
The shawermas...Ready to be served!




Syria and Armenia shared the stall....




Syria+Stall+JNU+Food+Festival

A typical middle-eastern
lady served                           
savory shawermas





germany+afghanistan+stalls+at+food+festival+JNU+26th+January
Der Deutsch Verkaufsstand
Germany..ah! Germany..and the divinely delectable waffles!..The sight of them just tantalized my taste buds...But as it turned out to be it wasn't meant to go beyond the tease...It was the first stall I had visited.I made a mental note to have the waffles after I checked out a few more stalls and moved on..And when I came back,not only had the prices shot up but they also had a long queue of people waiting for them..I even tried Jugaad...by taking a picture of the two girls at the stall...to no avail..or it might as well be that they thought I was that odd person who clicks pictures of foreigners on getting the slightest glimpse of them...Clearly,the message wasn't put across right..hehe..Consequently that was the end of the food festival for me..not implying in any way that it ruined my mood...Although it just did that...and the fact that I saved myself from a fairly dangerous calorie attack was only of little help...phir kya...had a royal dinner and everything was back on track!So much so for that evening...time to call it a day...Goodnight oops Morning folks!


waflles+german+food+stall+international+food+festival+JNU
Ah! The Waffles...Delectation Denied!

P.S. Afghani men have the most perfectly chiseled..faces;)...at least on the J.N.U campus...:P  

PPS I know its random but it's true;) 

No comments: